Windows 7 RTM will initially be available in English on August 6th and remaining languages by October 1st for both MSDN and TechNet customers.
Microsoft has released a time-line for RTM availability, English will be first followed by other languages:
- ISV/IHV - ISV (Independent software vendor) and IHV (Independent hardware vendor) Partners will be able to download Windows 7 RTM from Microsoft Connect or MSDN on August 6th.
- Partner Program Gold/Certified Members - August 16th. By October 1st, the remaining languages will become available to download.
- Action Pack Subscribers - August 23rd. By October 1st, the remaining languages will become available to download.
- OEMs - Approximately 2 days after Microsoft officially RTM
- Volume License with Software Assurance - August 7th via the Volume License Service Center (VLSC). The rest of the languages for Windows 7 RTM should be available within a couple of weeks after that.
- Volume License without Software Assurance - September 1 (downloadable from the Volume License Service Center)
- MSDN/TechNet - August 6th and remaining languages by October 1st.
- Everyone else - October 22nd, general availability date.
Microsoft also confirmed there is no special deal or "thank you" for Windows 7 testers. The special pre-order pricing was "done with our beta testers in mind" according to Brandon LeBlanc.
Microsoft have not confirmed the RTM build number or when exactly they plan to announce the official RTM so the wait continues.