In my earlier post, I mentioned how to Upgrade, Jailbreak, Unlock iPhone 2G 3Gs, iPod Touch with OS 3.0. Unlike firmware 2.1, Apple OS 3.0 uses installd instead of MobileInstallation which does verification for installing cracked apps on device. installd can be patched using AppSync app. Appsync is mi patch for 3.0. miPatch Will Not work on OS 3.0.
- Go to “Cydia” on your jail breaked iPhone or iPod Touch running 3.0 firmware
- Click on “Manage” tab on the bottom. and click on “Sources”
- Click on “Edit” and then on “Add”. Type “http://cydia.hackulo.us” and click on “Add Source”.
- After installation is completed. Go to Sources> Hackulo.us> AppSync and install this application.
You should be now able to install all of your jailbroken apps on iPhone OS 3.0. Copy cracked ipa files into your iTunes Library (just drag and drop to the iTunes Window) and iTunes will install it.
Or Patch manually doing below
- Make a backup of the original file: /usr/libexec/installd
- SSH the patched one to SSH it over to /usr/libexec/
- Set permissions to 755
- Install any legal app from the AppStore (free or paid)